Holding a space for deep listening and transformational learning is sometimes a calling, but it is also a skill that can be learned and assessed. This two-day workshop offers participants tools and practice in Story Facilitation. More than ever, we need our helping professionals, our teachers, and our leaders to understand how to listen and support the emergence of voice.
This workshop includes
- Overview of Story Facilitation methods and theory
- Discussion and practicum in interview technique
- Writing prompt theory, examples, and applications
- Facilitation considerations for different media, such as web, audio/radio, and film/video
- Opportunities to practice group storytelling facilitation
|Prerequisite||Introduction to Story Facilitation|
|Time||9am - 5pm|
|Location||StoryCenter, 1250 Addison Street, Suite 103, Berkeley, CA 94702|
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This workshop is aimed at professionals working with storytelling in creative writing, media arts, arts education, and community arts, and therapeutic narrative work.
If you have your own laptop and/or tablet for writing and revision work, please bring it; if not, StoryCenter will supply one for you to use.